Is this you? Do you want to work with Australia’s most awarded Gynaecological Awareness advocate?
Would you like the opportunity to work with an International leading Gynaecological Advocate as an Intern in 2020? Kath is looking for someone she can train to carry her work forward.
Kath Mazzella OAM is respected as the leading voice on the consumer perspective of Gynaecological/Sexual and associated Mental Health. Awarded the 2018 Senior Australian of the Year (WA) award, Kath has demonstrated what is required to take her work to the National and International platforms.
Kath is looking for an intern who shares her vision for women to live without stigma and barriers, that no woman should have to live her life feeling rejected, alone, ignorant and suffering in silence.
Kath is looking for an intern who has the following desirable skills and attitudes:
- Organisation skills
- Able to be involved in organising events, workshops, community education campaigns and general administration, with the capacity to become the lead person at these.
- Able to manage electronic filing systems to ensure quick retrieval of documents, images and other files.
- Able to manage electronic mailing lists, subscriptions and regular email newsletters to ensure Kath’s followers are kept up to date and engaged.
- Report writing skills
- Able to research and write reports to lobby government, corporate sponsors and other professional organisations to ensure the longevity of this work.
- Computer skills
- Competent in the use of a computer, including the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other online software and able to generate a wide range of tools, such as letters, powerpoint presentations, speech notes, promotional fliers etc.
- People Management Skills
- Able to gather, build teams and coordinate people for events and workshops, including event registration processes.
- Able to liaise with people at all levels of society to organise events and access information, networking effectively.
- Core Values and Attitudes
- Community-focused, as opposed to self-focused
- Future thinking and thought leader
- Resourcefulness, lateral thinking and creativity
- Open communication, able to hold space for others
- Willing and flexible to do what is required
- Physical and Mental Health wellbeing
- People first
Expressions of interest are being called. Please send a letter addressing the skills, core values and attitudes, plus a CV to Kath’s email ASAP.
Download the job description form and application instructions: Internship-2020